Our Boards & Committees
As a Congregational church, we are autonomous and self-governing, free from external control. Our ministers are the primary spiritual leaders of the church. True to our Congregational roots, however, all members take on responsibilities. All have the privilege and duty of exercising the special talents with which God has endowed them. Our church boards and committees, which are composed of church members, include:
- Board for Worship, Music, and the Arts – Focuses on worship, the observation of the sacraments and music ministries of the church.
- Board of Deacons – Oversees the spiritual affairs of the church and pastoral care, including visiting homebound or hospitalized members. Deacons also assist in extending the invitation of the Church to the community, particularly to newcomers and prospective members.
- Board of Christian Education – Provides education and opportunities for spiritual growth to children, youth and adults.
- Board of Trustees – Manages the maintenance of physical resources and oversees the budget and financial resources that make church programs possible.
- Board of Mission – Focuses on issues of people and communities beyond the walls of the church by providing education and action on topics or social concern.
- Pastor's Advisory Committee – Provides a sounding board and support for the senior minister.
- Communication Committee – Facilitates communication in the church and the community through the church newsletter, website, local media, etc.
- Stewardship Committee - Guides the congregation in developing generous habits of offering time, treasure and talents to the work of the church.
- Fellowship Committee - Ministers to the FCCE community by offering events for socializing and developing closer connections with one another.